Thalassemia International Federation World Congress, Abu Dhabi 2013
Date of Event: 20th - 23rd October 2013
Venue: Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre
Website: http://www.tif2013.org/index.html (For Information on Registration)
RECENT PAST EVENT
Heartbeat Goes On - When You Give Blood
Date of Event: 08 May 2013 (Wednesday)
Time: 10.00am to 4pm
Venue: KK Women's Children's Hospital Auditorium Foyer at Level 1 of Women's Tower
A MILE FOR A SMILE
Date of Event: 16th March 2013 (Saturday)
Time: 5pm to 10pm
Venue: Jurong West Stadium
Website: http://www.promisedland.org.sg (To Register)
*Thalassaemia Society (Singapore) Annual General Meeting will be held on
Date: 09 March 2013 (Saturday)
Time: 12:30pm - 3:30pm
Venue: The Pines, Pines I – Upper Level, 30 Stevens Road, S257840, Tel: 67352288.Website: http:/www.thalsociety.org
* ORIENTATION DAY : THALASSAEMIA PATIENTS FROM KKH TO SGH ON 3 NOVEMBER 2012 (SATURDAY) AT THE SINGAPORE GENERAL HOSPITAL - HAEMATOLOGY CENTRE, 11AM TO 1PM.
* Thalassaemia Society Singapore Annual General Meeting (AGM) will be held on 31 March 2012, 12pm-3pm at NUS Guild House, Suntec City.
* Club Rainbow (Singapore) will be helding Thalassaemia Awareness Day 2012 Event on 12 May, Saturday 1.30pm - 5pm @ Hotel Fort Canning - Lavender Ballroom.
Just received a mail saying the 2nd Singapore Thalassaemia had been postponed, might be due to not enough patients and family attending that's what I am Guessing.
On behalf of Mr Derrick Lim, President of Thalassaemia Society (Singapore), we regret to inform you that due to unforseen circumstances, the 2nd Singapore Thalassaemia Conference for Asia originally planned to be held from 2-4 September 2011, has been postponed to the 2nd quarter of 2012.
RECENT GOOD NEWS ON THALASSEMIA
* New Contact Me Message/Comment Section on my website. Where you can read the comment & message that I had received through ContactMe Application on my website. If you anything you want to share,ask,say,enquire,help. ContactMe your name will not be listed out on the page so not to worried, even there's name in your message/comment I will take away
* New member joining the website, do include some profile to joined the member list and be notified on new update.
*Poll for April 2013 is above, do cast your vote once above. New poll will be added in the beginning of every month.
For February Poll 30 Result, do check out Poll section on the website or my video blog.
What Actually is Thalassemia ?
Many Diseases are caused by abnormalities in the blood.These abnormalities are categorised according to b part of the blood affected. There are diseases of the rell blood cells, white blood cells or coagulation diseases. Thalassemia is also known as "Cooleys Anaemia" is an abnormal which is caused by abnormal gene. A person with Thalassemia is unable to produce normal functioning haemoglobin in the blood. Haemoglobin is the oxygen-carrying component of the red blood cells. It consists of two different proteins, an alpha and a beta. If the body doesn't produce enough of either of these two proteins, the red blood cell do not form properly and cannot carry sufficient oxygen. The result is anemia that begins in early childhood and lasts throughout life. Since thalassemia is not a single disorder but a group of related disorders that affect the human body in similar ways, it is important to understand the differences between the various types of thalassemia.
In severe form of Thalassemia (known as Thalassemia Major), the person will require a lifetime monthly blood transfusions. This is a painful and traumatic treatment regime that imposes an enormous financial and emotional strain on the patient, and also on his or her family.
COPYRIGHT © THALASSEMIA N ME PRODUCTION 2013 - ALL RIGHT RESERVED